Monday, April 18, 2011

11 Months!! Almost There!

One month from today I will have a ONE year old! Ahhh! That's so crazy! HAHA. I am so excited though. I already have everything planned for Isaiah's party and I can't wait for him to have his first taste of cake. I look forward to the cliché of seeing him hesitantly taste the icing first and then watching his eyes go big as he proceeds to dive into the whole thing!

He recently went to the zoo for the first time. I can't wait for when he is older and can actually register where he is and enjoy the animals more, but it was still fun! The only animals he seemed to really look at when we stopped were the penguins. I guess since they were closer to his level, he thought that they were cool. He was on his best behavior and it was excellent weather so I was grateful for that.

We got him a little jeep walker that he absolutely loves. He enjoys trying run over the dog (don't worry, she knows how to get away from him in time! LOL) and trying to chase us. We play a game where we run around in sort of a "Slow Motion" jog, saying, "Oh, no! He's going to get me!". Then we run around a corner and when he comes around it in search for us, we jump out and say, "BOO!" He gets such a kick out of that and howls with laughter every time. Man, how I love hearing that little laugh.

He is now the proud owner of not one but two bottom teeth which he uses to chew up the bigger pieces of food we have been giving him. I think it is awesome how the human body adapts to changes. We didn't have to show him how to chew, he just figured it out. All the sudden I just realized that he was putting something in his mouth, keeping it there for a minute to get "soggy", and then he started putting his new teeth to work. When did my baby start to become a little man? *SOB*





















Well, gotta get busy with more 1st birthday party planning and excepting the fact that by next month Isaiah will no longer be a little baby but a toddler. Hopefully by the next post I will be talking about him walking...hey, it could happen. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home