Plop, plop, Brizkid...Oh what a relief it is!
Isaiah is now almost 3 weeks old but I wanted to share my birth story with everyone so they will know how it all went down...
It all started at about 3:30 in the morning on May 18th. I woke up as usual to go to the bathroom and was feeling slightly crampy. I just kind of blew it off and went ahead to the bathroom. I got back in bed afterward and when I laid down I was starting to feel really uncomfortable. So I woke up Adam and told him that I wasn't feeling great but I doubted it was anything to get worked up over. I went to the bathroom again shortly after because I felt the urge to go and this time I noticed a little bit of blood. We then decided to call the hospital and see what they had to say. They told me to come in and get checked out to see what was going on. I was 5 days overdue at this point and I had a scheduled induction on Thursday the 20th. I knew I needed to go but I had been to the hospital recently because I had the flu, and didn't want to go there, not be in labor, and get sent home. Plus, to be honest, I didn't want to get charged for an unnecessary hospital visit. We got there at about 4am and they took me up to labor and delivery. The nurse checked me and said that I was 5 cm which was 2cm more than when I had my OB visit a week earlier so she said I was staying! I was nervous but very relieved because I was ready to get Isaiah out! LOL. I called my mom and told her to come because they were keeping me. I hardly felt the contractions at first so I was laughing and talking to everyone. Then they started coming closer together and becoming more uncomfortable so I asked to go get in the whirlpool tub they offer. The warm water felt nice but it seemed to make the contractions stronger and closer together. I finally got to the point where I couldn't speak because they were so close together and hurt so bad. After about an hour of being in the tub I was ready to get out and get the show on the road. They checked me again and I was fully dilated! Ok, let me just tell you that my plan was to go natural, but after 3 hours of pushing with constant pain and pressure, being put in different positions and a baby that wouldn't make it past my pelvic bone, I HAD to get an epidural. By the way, just FYI, I would describe labor pain as a severe feeling of gas pressure or constipation. I was just so physically and mentally exhausted. When the anesthesiologist came in he tried to ask me a lot of questions and my mom or Adam ended up answering them because I just couldn't bring myself to speak due to the unbearable pain. Then they sit me up on the bed and for starters I am kind of on a dip in the bed and hunched over slightly because of the pain and I am out of energy. The anesthesiologist then proceeds to go off about how he thinks I have scoliosis because of how my back looks. The lady assisting him and my mom are telling him I didn't have scoliosis and that I was sitting weird because I was in pain. He still kept going on about it like I wasn't hearing what he was saying. He then basically said that it probably wouldn't take correctly because the way I was sitting when he was putting it in. So needless to say I was not very happy with him at first. After the epidural was put in, I fell asleep for I think about 15 min. When I woke up I couldn't feel anymore pain. The epidural had worked and it was wonderful!! I started pushing again shortly after and it took another 3 hours, but this time it was ok because I was pain free. So after pushing for what seemed like forever and after I was cut to get him out, he was placed on my belly and started crying right away. I was so happy that he was ok and that all of my hard work paid off. Now I am looking forward to watching him grow and experiencing all his firsts. I am truly blessed.




It all started at about 3:30 in the morning on May 18th. I woke up as usual to go to the bathroom and was feeling slightly crampy. I just kind of blew it off and went ahead to the bathroom. I got back in bed afterward and when I laid down I was starting to feel really uncomfortable. So I woke up Adam and told him that I wasn't feeling great but I doubted it was anything to get worked up over. I went to the bathroom again shortly after because I felt the urge to go and this time I noticed a little bit of blood. We then decided to call the hospital and see what they had to say. They told me to come in and get checked out to see what was going on. I was 5 days overdue at this point and I had a scheduled induction on Thursday the 20th. I knew I needed to go but I had been to the hospital recently because I had the flu, and didn't want to go there, not be in labor, and get sent home. Plus, to be honest, I didn't want to get charged for an unnecessary hospital visit. We got there at about 4am and they took me up to labor and delivery. The nurse checked me and said that I was 5 cm which was 2cm more than when I had my OB visit a week earlier so she said I was staying! I was nervous but very relieved because I was ready to get Isaiah out! LOL. I called my mom and told her to come because they were keeping me. I hardly felt the contractions at first so I was laughing and talking to everyone. Then they started coming closer together and becoming more uncomfortable so I asked to go get in the whirlpool tub they offer. The warm water felt nice but it seemed to make the contractions stronger and closer together. I finally got to the point where I couldn't speak because they were so close together and hurt so bad. After about an hour of being in the tub I was ready to get out and get the show on the road. They checked me again and I was fully dilated! Ok, let me just tell you that my plan was to go natural, but after 3 hours of pushing with constant pain and pressure, being put in different positions and a baby that wouldn't make it past my pelvic bone, I HAD to get an epidural. By the way, just FYI, I would describe labor pain as a severe feeling of gas pressure or constipation. I was just so physically and mentally exhausted. When the anesthesiologist came in he tried to ask me a lot of questions and my mom or Adam ended up answering them because I just couldn't bring myself to speak due to the unbearable pain. Then they sit me up on the bed and for starters I am kind of on a dip in the bed and hunched over slightly because of the pain and I am out of energy. The anesthesiologist then proceeds to go off about how he thinks I have scoliosis because of how my back looks. The lady assisting him and my mom are telling him I didn't have scoliosis and that I was sitting weird because I was in pain. He still kept going on about it like I wasn't hearing what he was saying. He then basically said that it probably wouldn't take correctly because the way I was sitting when he was putting it in. So needless to say I was not very happy with him at first. After the epidural was put in, I fell asleep for I think about 15 min. When I woke up I couldn't feel anymore pain. The epidural had worked and it was wonderful!! I started pushing again shortly after and it took another 3 hours, but this time it was ok because I was pain free. So after pushing for what seemed like forever and after I was cut to get him out, he was placed on my belly and started crying right away. I was so happy that he was ok and that all of my hard work paid off. Now I am looking forward to watching him grow and experiencing all his firsts. I am truly blessed.


1 Comments:
Wow...that's a lot of pushing! I'm so glad it all paid off, though, and you were able to get him out!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home